Baby Sitters, Newborn Care
Dedicated Domestics and Nannies is always welcoming experienced and loving nannies,
sitters, housekeepers and estate staff to place with families. We offer a variety of live-in and live-out positions, full time or part time. Dedicated Domestics primarily services the Orange County, California area.
Instructions on how to apply are listed below.
Below are some Frequently Asked Questions to help you learn about Dedicated Domestics and how we can assist you with finding a family that is a good fit for you.
Why should I apply with Dedicated Domestics?
- Our agency respects your privacy. We do not
provide the families with your personal information
such as phone number, address, etc. until you have
interviewed and you are hired by them.
- You can avoid looking through the “Help Wanted” ads. We contact you with positions that fill your needs as well as the families.
- The clients that are looking to hire caregivers through an agency tend to be more serious about the search and are not just “shopping around”. They are truly looking for what’s best for their children and family.
- We are always available to answer any questions or concerns you may have, even after you have been placed with a family.
- Unlike online only listings, we actively help
you find the position you are looking for.
I am an applicant and would like to apply. What are your requirements at Dedicated Domestics?
- You must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in the field you are applying for.
- You must have at least 2 verifiable work references.
- You must be over the age of 18.
- You must be fluent in English.
- You must be a US citizen or legally authorized to work in the US.
- You must have a valid Social Security card.
- You must be honest, responsible and reliable.
- You must have a valid California driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- You must show proof of a current TB Test or be
willing to take one prior to being placed.
- All Nannies, Child and Adult Caregivers, must show proof of current CPR / First Aid Certification
or be willing to complete certification prior to being
- All Nannies and Child Caregivers must be registered with
Trustline® or be
willing to register prior to being placed.
- You must be willing to undergo a Background
Check including Drug Screening.
|Nannies / Sitters:
||$ 12.00 to $22.00 per hour*
||$ 10.00 to $14.00 per hour*
||$ 12.00 to $25.00 per hour*
||$ 12.00 to $20.00 per hour*
Nannies, Housekeepers and Caregivers looking for
part time positions will usually charge $15.00 to
$20.00 per hour. With the current high cost of
transportation, candidates will require
a 4 hour minimum per day.
Nannies with college degrees or special
training who are
required to help with homework or tutoring may be
somewhat higher than the above salaries.
Nannies with less skills, do not drive or do not
speak English well, may be willing to accept less.
* The above salaries are just approximates based
on what candidates are asking for and the salaries
families are currently offering in Orange County.
No agency can set the salary for candidates.
The final salary is up to what the family is willing
to pay and the candidate is willing to accept.
Like every other industry, salaries are based on
"supply and demand". The more candidates
looking for work the less a family has to offer to
find a suitable match. However, while
currently there are many people looking for work,
good candidates are harder to find which enables
them to command higher salaries.
In addition to the basic salaries above the following items are generally considered standard for full time employees:
- Paid vacation is usually 1-2 weeks at the end of the first year.
- Major Holidays: usually the 6 major holidays are given off with pay.
- Mileage allowances are also given to employees
who use their own vehicles for running errands or
driving with the children
How to apply.
When it comes to
applying you have 2 choices:
1. Send us your
resume by email or fax.
Send your resume to us preferably by email in a
Microsoft Word or compatible format. If you cannot
send a Word Doc, then please use PDF.
Send resumes to:
If you prefer, you can
fax the resume to us at:
do not send letters, photos or other
documents with your resume.
Apply online by clicking on the
Registration" link below and
filling out our application.
All candidates must meet the requirements
listed above and be available to interview with the agency
in person at our office in Newport Beach, CA.
We will review your
information and will contact you soon if you have
been selected for an interview.
you for your interest in Dedicated Domestics and
Nannies, we are looking forward to working with you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us.
Dedicated Domestics would love to hear from you!
Please send us any childcare tips, stories (good, bad or humorous) or craft / recipe ideas you would like to share with fellow nannies or caregivers. Please respect the family’s privacy and refrain from using complete names.
(By submitting your email or letter you are allowing Dedicated Domestics to use the information on our website or
in any printed material).
proud Member of the
International Nannies Association (INA)
is a proud member of the
Association of Premier Nanny Agencies
Only the most
professional Nanny Placement Agencies in the country
belong to the Association of Premier Nanny Agencies.
We are also proud to be
the only Nanny Agency to be accepted as a member of the
APNA in Orange County California