and Nannies is always welcoming experienced and loving nannies,
sitters, housekeepers and estate staff to place with families. We offer a variety of live-in and live-out positions, full time or part time.
Dedicated Domestics primarily services the
Orange County, California area.
Instructions on how to apply are listed below.
Below are some
Frequently Asked Questions to help you learn about
Dedicated Domestics and how we can assist you with finding a family that is a good fit for you.
Why should I apply with Dedicated Domestics?
- Our agency respects your privacy. We do not
provide the families with your personal information
such as phone number, address, etc. until you have
interviewed and you are hired by them.
- You can avoid looking through the “Help Wanted” ads. We contact you with positions that fill your needs as well as the families.
- The clients that are looking to hire caregivers through an agency tend to be more serious about the search and are not just “shopping around”. They are truly looking for what’s best for their children and family.
- We are always available to answer any questions or concerns you may have, even after you have been placed with a family.
- Unlike online only listings, we actively help
you find the position you are looking for.
I am an applicant and would like to apply. What are your requirements at
- You must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in the field you are applying for.
- You must have at least 2 verifiable work
- Some College
credits for Nannies preferred but not required.
- You must be over the age of 18.
- You must be fluent in English.
- You must be a US citizen or legally authorized to work in the US.
- You must have a valid Social Security card.
- You must be honest, responsible and reliable.
- You must have a valid California driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- You must show proof of a current TB Test or be
willing to take one prior to being placed.
- All Nannies, Child and Adult Caregivers, must show proof of current CPR / First Aid Certification
or be willing to complete certification prior to being
- All Nannies and Child Caregivers must be registered with
- You must be willing to undergo a Background
Check including Drug Screening.
|Nannies / Sitters:
||$ 15.00 to $25.00 per hour*
||$ 18.00 to $28.00 per hour*
||$ 15.00 to $20.00 per hour*
With the current high cost of
transportation, all candidates require
a 4 hour minimum shift per day.
Nannies with college degrees or special
training who are
required to help with homework or tutoring may be
somewhat higher than the above salaries.
Nannies with less skills, do not drive or do not
speak English well, may be willing to accept less.
* The above salaries are just approximates based
on what candidates are asking for and the salaries
families are currently offering in Orange County.
No agency can set the salary for candidates.
The final salary is up to what the family is willing
to pay and the candidate is willing to accept.
Like every other industry, salaries are based on
"supply and demand". The more candidates
looking for work the less a family has to offer to
find a suitable match. However, while
currently there are many people looking for work,
good candidates are harder to find which enables
them to command higher salaries.
In addition to the basic salaries above the following items are generally considered standard for full time employees:
- Paid vacation is usually 1-2 weeks at the end of the first year.
- Major Holidays: usually the 6 major holidays are given off with pay.
- Mileage allowances are also given to employees
who use their own vehicles for running errands or
driving with the children
How to apply:
Email your current
resume with contact information for us to review.
All candidates must meet the requirements
listed above and be available to interview with the agency
in person at our office in Newport Beach, CA.
At the time of the interview, please be prepared to
bring your Drivers License, Social Security Card and any letters of reference you
you for your interest in Dedicated Domestics and
Nannies, we are looking forward to working with you.
If you have already completed
your application or are one of our current candidates,
we will continue to notify you about new jobs that fit
Dedicated Domestics would love to hear from you!
Please send us any childcare tips, stories (good, bad or humorous) or craft / recipe ideas you would like to share with fellow nannies or caregivers. Please respect the family’s privacy and refrain from using complete names.
(By submitting your email or letter you are allowing Dedicated Domestics to use the information on our website or
in any printed material).